Wednesday 2 November 2011

Music Video: Production: Editing test




This is an editing test exploring pace, motion and visual effects using final cut express.

My first decision was that I needed a song with a heavy drop and fast tempo, so I could build up tension before and speed up the pace suddenly. From this I discovered a band called Skrillex who are a dubstep band. On listening to some of their music I discovered a song I thought would be fitting, then uploaded various clips from the past months filming into final cut. I went for a drive to film the lights at night hoping to be able to speed this up considerably later in the edit, trying to achieve a very fast clip speed with the actions in the clip and arranging them into the time of the music. The intro is a slowed down clip of me following a van down a country road and features a blur and light rays effects. The contrast is darkened so the red and white lights are more contradicting against a darker backdrop and stand out more. The second clip is stock motion of lyrics being written on paper. with the fuck this i'll do it another time talking bullshit

No comments:

Post a Comment