Tuesday 29 November 2011

Music Video: Pre-Production: Costume

We all wanted to use a gas mask in our video, but i decided to make my own after some prop shopping lead me to find a real one from ww2 which cost £10 pound to rent, with a £100 deposit. This sickened me to my core.
Earlier in the day a friend (Sam Goodey, another media student) had given me a balaclava, as he thought it could help me in my video and he had little use for it. I accepted his offer but had no intention of using the balaclava in the video as our thoughts were fixed on a gas mask.
Me and Efosa went to our actress' house to see what costume we could use for the video, and we ended up talking about our gas mask idea, to which she revealed that she had a paint gas mask and goggles. Later on i went to my nans house and found some portable L.E.D push lights that she takes about the house. After examining one i realized it would fit exactly into the breathing chamber. I put 2 more in the goggles and wore the mask and goggles over the balaclava with the lights on.
This is what it looks like, and it didn't cost me a penny.

When it was created, we thought i resembled Shane Meadow's film : 'Dead Man's Shoes' 


Here is the image we thought of from the film, very effect and scary!


Here is our adaptation:




Also the big man (Efosa) surprised us with his new Fro Hawk. We were asking him to do something with his hair, but we thought he wouldn't. Oh, he did!


No comments:

Post a Comment