Friday 21 October 2011

Music Video: Production: Tom Jones Editing Sync Test



The first step was to drag the audio into the A1 track, turn on the soundwave display and lock the track so it couldn't be moved. I then trimmed and inserted the clip into the timeline, using markers to sync it with the audio track. I discovered that if you increase the speed of the track by 2% it syncs much better with the audio. I don't know why it works but i can only imagine that the clip has been sightly distorted when it was converted from HD to the mac. I put all the clips in place using markers to decide upon cuts and for the lipsync, then added various effects to the video to make it look more professional. The first thing I did was use a colour corrector, in which i increased the midfield and the white balance, then upped the contrast slightly and lowered the saturation until it was black and white.
At 17 seconds I decided to add a time effect called "trails" which distort the clip so movement delays and appears multiple amount of times. I used it on a clip of me pointing, and when i decided i didn't want the effect to continue past when was about to put my arm down, i manually added a fade to the effect by using pointers and lowering the "Mix" edit. This way the clip reverts back to normal without effects.
At 25 seconds i changed the black and white to a hue of pink, and changed the speed of me dancing to 50%, then duplicated this clip and reversed the duplicate so I would dance one way in slow motion, then dance the other way in slow motion. I added crossfades to make the transition between black and white and pink gentle, but as the fade is long it also creates a psychedelic effect.

As this was a short exercise I was stuck with how to end it smoothy and didn't want to cut to black suddenly, so I cut out the middle section between the first verse and the solo on the audio track and spliced them together so there is a smooth transition between verse 1 and the solo, this divided the length of the whole track and I added a fade where it seemed appropriate to end.
I then found another clip of me dancing, and put a slug in-between the last clip and the beat of the music when the solo starts, I then applied the house style to this clip and added a glow effect so there would be a solid wash of black and white fading into a slightly dazzled image of me smiling, to which i faded to black and wrapped the edit



No comments:

Post a Comment