Friday 14 October 2011

Music Video: Production: Spider Shots

I got home from school one day and a spider crawled across my living room as i was taking my shoes off. I took the opportunity to capture it and take some shots for our music video.

Here are some screenshots direct from my camcorder


We used this pencil to persuade the spider to run towards the camera. It worked well, and also gives you an idea of the size i had to film everything at. 





I created a white studio using paper placed on my living room studio, and used film lights to create big shadows which added a eerie feel when the spider was running.
I used overexposure while filming so the spider would appear more faint and transparent, whilst remaining focused. (Picture is much darker than appears on film)
On final cut I will blur the background so you can't see the grain of the paper, which will make everything look smoother and more professional. The spider itself will be focused, and i'll change the colouring so it has a bolder and more imposing appearance.

The screenshot I haven't got is a clip of the spider with a red crucifix shining over it. I created this by cutting a cross in some thick card and shining a red light through it. Its a very powerful shot I wish to incorporate into our music video

No comments:

Post a Comment